Monday, March 14, 2011

Cute decoupage box

The most recent project I've completed (not counting few origami models that are waiting to be photographed) is the oval wooden box done in napkin decoupage. I've used one napkin with several complementing patterns and combined them on different surfaces of the box. Insides are left uncovered but only coated with varnish for protection. The natural colour of the wood has always been appealing to me, so I don't usually cover every surface of an object.

I love working with wooden objects. The outcome always looks great. It usually takes me longer to start these projects because I'm not the biggest fan of sanding, spreading dust allover and breathing it in or wearing the protection mask. If it weren't for dusting, I bet that the drawer full of wooden objects waiting to be "napkined" would have been emptied long long time ago.

In any case, here I present the colorful and cheerful box that I've very much enjoyed making.

2 comments:

Nena3110 said...

Preslatka je:)
bravo, draga!

Unknown said...

Hvala puno, Neno!