Saturday, July 17, 2010

Origami wedding cards

It has been a while since I last posted to my blogs, and I cannot really say that I was busy working on a load of exciting new projects. Actually, I have found some time here and there to make just a few new projects, and since I've recently had an upsurge of creativity and motivation, I think it's time to present to the world some of those previously finished things before I finish up the new ones. :)

So it happened that in late April and early May this year two of my colleagues from work (one of them my boss) got married. In our smallish team it was a very big deal and I was more than happy to offer to make cards for both of the occasions.

I've decided to give it a twist and use origami to ornate the cards. As you probably already know, origami cranes are frequently seen on weddings, because they are believed to bring happiness, and so the cranes were a very obvious choice to use on a wedding card. Heart was an obvious choice too. I've made the models from yuzen chiyogami paper, that is very beautiful and has great texture too. Origami models were traditional crane (card no.1) and balanced heart by Matthew Gardiner (card no.2).

So, not to babble any more, here are the two origami wedding cards:

and


No comments: