Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Doctors make me nervous

Having a doctor's appointment tomorrow, I'm gaining on nervousness each minute.
When I was a child I used to be sick so often that I got used to doctors, hospitals, needles. Seems to me that I have been much braver as a 12-year-old that I am now. I got spoilt and cowardly in the meantime.
It is not so difficult to go to a doctor when you're unwell. Then you have no option. But going to a doctor for a regular check-up - knowing that you ought to go for your own good, yet still don't wanting to go. That is upsetting.
Health has always been a sensitive topic for me. There were times when I was very suspicious when I felt OK. "There must be something wrong with something..." , I used to think. I still sometimes feel like that. Especially when I'm supposed to see a doctor.
So now the butterflies in my stomach are multiplying. Knowing myself, I'll probably be anxious by morning.
Then again, it will be over soon enough and everything will probably be fine again. At least until I look at my pocket book that will remind me that I am still to see my dentist, ophthalmologist and hairdresser (the last one being my biggest nightmare of the lot).

No comments: