Sunday, June 28, 2015

Purple & black decoupage wall clock for my grandmother

Once upon a Christmas I offered to my granny to make her a decoupage wall clock. We sat down at my computer and with my help she browsed some napkins online to choose the pattern she likes. I was expecting pastel roses or a romantic bouquet, but surprise, surprise, she chose one very modern and cool design. Good for you, granny! 
Jednom prilikom za Božić ponudila sam baki da joj napravim dekupaž zidni sat. Sele smo za moj komijuter i izbirale online salvetu koja joj se dopala. Očekivala sam neke pastelne ruže ili romantični buket, a ona je umesto toga izabrala jedan baš moderan dizajn. Svaka čast, bako!

It took me some pretty time to make her the clock, my decoupaging output being a couple of pieces a year (oh, I wish I had time to do more!), and so I proudly went to visit my grandmother around Easter time to give her the clock. Imagine my surprise when I walked in her anteroom and saw some other decoupage clock already hanging on the wall!
Trebalo mi je puuuno vremena da joj napravim taj sat, pošto uspevam da napravim svega par stvarčica godišnje (što bih volela da imam više vremena!), i tako sam ja sva ponosna tamo negde oko Uskrsa otišla da odnesem baki sat. Zamislite moje iznenađenje kada sam ušla u predsoblje a ono tamo već visi dekupaž sat!


As it turned out, my grandma had well remembered that she "commissioned" a clock but forgot from whom. So sometime in between she asked my perplexed mom, when she'll be finishing the clock? My mom just shrugged, and although confused, having been doing decoupage herself, just made my grandma a clock, a pretty winter flowers inspired piece. And my grandma was happy and did not expect me to come by and bring her jet another clock! Enough to say, when we had it all figured out we all had a nice laugh. And that is how my grandmother now has two decoupage clocks.
Kako se ispostavilo, baka se itekako sećala da je "poručila" sat, ali je zaboravila od koga. I tako je ona u nekom momentu između pitala moju mamu kad će sat biti gotov? Mama se zbunila, al šta će, pošto i sama radi dekupaž, napravila je baki sat, lep inspirisan zimskim cvetnim motivima. I tako je baka bila zadovoljna što je dobila svoj sat ali se nije nadala da ću ja da dođem sa još jednim! Da skratim priču, barem smo se slatko nasmejale kada smo sve lepo raščivijale. I tako baka sada ima dva dekupaž zidna sata.


The background of this clock was black because the napkin itself has had the black background. I have hand-draw some parts of purple the vines and leafs using the amazing metallic colors by Stamperia (I love them!). There is a lot of silvery and pearly translucent details that are not to easy to catch on the photographs. The clock hands were also hand colored in gold with a permanent marker in order to make them "pop" from the background. All in all, I was pretty happy how it all turned out.
Sat je rađen sa crnom pozadinom, jer je takva i pozadina salvete. Delovi ljubičastih grančica su ručno dorađivani i iscrtavani fantastičnim metalik Stamperia bojama (obožavam ih!). Odgore ima puno srebra i sedefa, što nije tako lako uhvatiti foto aparatom. Kazaljke na satu sam takođe ručno bojila i to koristeći marker u zlatnoj boji, da bi se povećao kontrast i vidljivost naspram pozadine. Sve u svemu, bila sam prilično zadovoljna kako je sve na karju ispalo.

No comments: