Sunday, January 31, 2010
Up until a point when Nena discovered my blog, my blogging experience has been a one-way communication with a possible unknown reader. I didn't even hope that the blog would attract a real audience. But when she stumbeld upon mu blog some time ago, things have wonderfully changed for the better. I got to know about a whole new world of fellow bloggers just like me, who are enourmously tallented and who are creating beautiful things using their skills and imagination. This made me more motivated to create my own little works and to share them more with the world.
But more than anything else, this introduced me to a world where the spirit of good will, sharing and encouragement is an unlikely ruler. Unlikely, because the reality of the world around us can be so opposite that it often makes us forget what the real values shoul be.
So I just want to say thank you Nena3110 for opening the new horizons for me and for sharing your work with all of us!
What a wonderful blogging world this can be!
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Thursday, January 07, 2010
This is the story of how many, many years after first playing with clay I've discovered it again, though in a slightly different form called polymer clay. I've learned about it from my new friend Ana who is very passionate about this craft and persuaded me to give it a try.
There are many hobbyists and artists working with polymer clay all around the world and they make some really amazing things. Through the magic of the Internet, one can see all that. Here is an amazing video about artist that make jewelery using polymer clay, their imagination and craftsmanship:
Sunday, January 03, 2010
So here is the list of books I've read in 2009:
- "Temeraire: His Majesty's Dragon" - Naomi Novik (Serbian translation)
- "Throne of Jade" - Naomi Novik (Serbian translation)
- "Stardust" - Neil Gaiman (Serbian translation)
- "Artemis Fowl and The Lost Colony" - Eoin Colfer (Serbian translation)
- "Peer Reviews in Software" - Karl E. Wiegers (in English)
- "La vita meravigliosa dei laureati in lettere" - Alessandro Carrera (Serbian translation)
- "Black Powder War" - Naomi Novik (in English)
- "Les Echelles du Levant" aka "Ports of Call" - Amin Maalouf (Serbian translation)